Entrepreneurs & Corona
Many of us might be experiencing a Global Pandemic for first time. This has impacted all of us, big or small , far and near. The imapct on Entrepreneurs in such pandemic is one of the worst. Yes all businesses, consumers, governements, institutions are getting adversely impacted by such pandemic. However as the optimistic in us tells us that there are few postive threads to this pandemic that will like to highlight. Firstly, it has made us realize how the whole world is one Family now.
Now that the initial scare and hype have started to settle down thought should compile a list of helpful resources, news, learning and so on. Sharing my post from from my personal blog to give context below, and will like to share some comments about what it means for entrepreneurs.
Most new Entrepreneurs operate on a tight cashflow. Their ventures are very dependent on recurring cash flows and any such global scare slows down discretionary as well as regular spending by individuals as well as business. The wheels of economy switch from a high gear to low gear and almost an emergency break. Thiis will result in many startups getting bank rupt , most research and innovation budgetd getting squeezed down. Is there a silver lining ? Yes. Few innovative entrepreneurs and industies will use this opportinity to come with innovative new solutions to address the needs of this global crisis.
Awareness about Health goes up dramatically and many health entrepreneurs can and will leverage such opportinies. In my current state California , i saw this company Carbon Health based in San Francisco Bay Area California a technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first, announced today that it is actively shipping COVID-19 home test kits to patients who feel sick and who are recommended by providers to stay at home, but wish to be tested to limit potential exposure to vulnerable people around them. The tests are currently available to patients located in The tests are currently available to patients located in California for an at-cost fee of $167.50. Carbon Health plans to offer them nationwide, pending state regulations. Another company Nurx have partnered to provide COVID-19 Home Testing and Online Consultation Service.
In my home country India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi adressed the whole nation & held a meeting with the chief ministers of all states via video conferencing to discuss measures to combat Covid-19 and told all to Act fast, next few weeks crucial: PM Narendra Modi
The entrepreneurial lesson that I see here is the agility with whlch he responded and seized the moment and engaged a nation of 1.3 Billion+ as well as whole world as a team. True example of courageus Leadership.
WHO Myth-busters. There is a lot of false information around. These are the facts.
- 🔢 People of all ages CAN be infected by the coronavirus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
- ❄ Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the coronavirus.
- ☀ The coronavirus CAN be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates
- 🦟 The coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- 🐶 There is NO evidence that companion animals/pets such as dogs or cats can transmit the coronavirus.
- 🛀 Taking a hot bath DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus
- 💨 Hand dryers are NOT effective in killing the coronavirus
- 🟣 Ultraviolet light SHOULD NOT be used for sterilization and can cause skin irritation
- 🌡 Thermal scanners CAN detect if people have a fever but CANNOT detect whether or not someone has the coronavirus
- 💦 Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body WILL NOT kill viruses that have already entered your body
- 💉 Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine, DO NOT provide protection against the coronavirus.
- 👃 There is NO evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the coronavirus.
- 🧄 Garlic is healthy but there is NO evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the coronavirus.
- 💊 Antibiotics DO NOT work against viruses, antibiotics only work against bacteria.
- 🧪 To date, there is NO specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the coronavirus.
- Check the facts on the WHO website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
- 22 मार्च को सुबह 7:00 बजे से रात 9:00 बजे तक सभी लोग जनता कर्फ्यू में सहयोग करें और शांति बनाए रहे अपने अपने घरों में रहे।
Why is it so serious?
Why so serious in the elderly?
Why it is not so serious?
Who & What to consult?
DOs and DON'ts
Lessons from History
Coronavirus: How about some good news?
Here are some good news being reported across the world
- China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.
- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.
So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on the safety of those most vulnerable. Will Clean up & Organize the Links later